Our mission is to provide free medical treatment without the use of opioids to the low-income uninsured who suffer from acute and chronic pain, using holistic principles and compassionate Biblical Christian values.
Every patient who enters our clinic is evaluated by our medical director, and provided a comprehensive plan for treatment which addresses the patient’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. All patients receive the following services which are typically inaccessible for this patient demographic and often reserved for those with insurance and economic means.
• Medical care
• Chiropractic care
• Physical therapy
• Massage therapy
• Nutrition and lifestyle counseling
• Essential oil therapy
Why it works:
Patients suffering from acute and chronic pain should be treated at the source of their pain. Patients without insurance or financial means typically visit hospital Emergency Departments for pain issues, which is ineffective due to their inability to effectively diagnose and treat these issues.
Living In Pain?
If you have no insurance, we may be able to help.
Non Discrimination Statement
The Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all patients.
Provide a full time free treatment facility in SW Florida, for those with acute and chronic pain, without using any controlled drugs. Using our template for free pain clinics, we will reproduce statewide to help more patients in pain, reduce the burden on the ER’s, and prevent drug abuse.
1. To work collaboratively with the medical communities, and state and local government, to provide comprehensive and compassionate treatment for uninsured and low-income acute and chronic pain patients in Southwest Florida.
2. To help those with acute and chronic pain, and without insurance and financial resources to seek treatment, and restore them to be functional and productive members of their families and the community
3. To become a full time ministry to impact the lives of more patients in SW Florida and create a template that can be utilized in other communities to help patients in pain in Florida and around the nation.
4. To help curb the local (and national) epidemic of prescription pain medication abuse by treating pain at the source and negating the need for pain medications
5. To demonstrate the ability to decrease utilization by high users of ED and hospital inpatient services (pain patients), with the resulting financial savings to the healthcare system
6. To demonstrate that Fibromyalgia patients can be treated in a free medical clinic with comprehensive services dedicated to their treatment; to publish the results of a study documenting their improvement to encourage other free clinics to do the same.
The Southwest Florida Free Pain Clinic is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Alan Gruning, DO, FACOEP, Executive Director/Medical Director
Ross Martin, Chairman
Joseph Catalano, Treasurer
Pam LaRiviere, Secretary
Pastor Gary Cox
Brian J. Downey, J.D., LL.M.
Steve Phillips, CPA
We are a member of the Florida Association of Free and Charitable Clinics.